Our first stress relief knitting was Lizzy the Cow Tea Cozy: it was a lot of fun to knit it and Lizzy the Cow became the mascot of our knitting website.
We already knitted several Tea Cozies. Our friends love to get them as presents and cover their teapots to make a good tea which helps them to relax.
Our next anti-stress idea was knitting toys. Now we have 23 Knitkinz Animals. Thse little knitted animals have their own sweaters, pants, and skirts. Theu also have knitted furniture. Kids love knitted toys; many adults like them too. We’ve heard that Australian knitters send Knitkinz toys to children via Word Vision. We sent some knitted toys to ill children.
Caring about kids, your relatives, your friends is so good for your stress relief. That’s probably the main reason why tea cozies and toys knitting are so helpful for us.
Do you want to know how knitting helps people for stress relief? Read a
This is from one of our favorite messages (see the author's
different ways that knitting lowers my stress.
1. If I’m waiting for something (dr’s office etc) or someone (who always shows up late) then I don’t mind it so much if I have my knitting to keep me occupied while I wait -- it doesn’t feel like my time is totally wasted.
2. If I’m traveling a long distance on transit (bus, train, air) then knitting keeps my mind off the time and it passes more quickly -- again, less stress.
3. If I have to socialize in an environment where I find the people challenging to entertain, knitting something mindless while I visit helps take the edge off -- it fills in the blanks where I would normally be feeling edgy.
4. Sometimes I just need a creative outlet and knitting gives me that
On low energy days, if I sit and knit for several hours I still feel like I accomplished something even if I couldn’t get myself in gear to accomplish more physical tasks
5. Knitting often gives me a unique gift idea for someone taking away the stress of shopping for something else for them There’s probably another half-dozen ways it destresses me, but that’s a start!
If you love knitted animals toys, please look at our animals sets -
Knitkinz and Tea Cozies
We have: Two Cats, Two Dogs, Two Pigs, Two Monkeys, Two Bears, Two Hippos and of course we have Two Cows!
Each of "Two Animals" patterns would cost you only $7. If you buy these patterns separately they cost you $9. An exception is the set of cows: Lizzy Tea Cozy pattern is free!
If you want to see all 18 our Big Knitkinz Animals, please go to
Tai Chi works very well for mind calming and relaxation. When you are doing Tai Chi your breathing is better and you can meditate. It's one of the best exercises to reduce your stress.
Yin and Yang is Tai Chi symbol and Tai Chi is the best stress relief for me.
Knitting the Tai Chi symbol - Yin-Yang - works well for stress relief. Red Yin-Yang Placemat is easier to knit that the cycle Yin-Yang pillow. The size of this placemat is 10" x 10".
If you want to knit the Red Yin Yang Placemat, the pattern is published in Ravelry:
This is another knitting idea that works well for stress relief: Yin-Yang Pillow or Placemat.
If you want to knit Yin Yang pillow or placemat, the pattern is published in Ravelry: